fot

[Fot] This is better

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] This is better
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 01:05:26 -0600
So just like last sunday, I'm sitting at the computer for way too long.
But this time it is because things are working, not like last sunday
when I was beating my head against a virtual wall, cursing Qwest
and the horse they rode in on, etc.  Over 100 hours without a network
was starting to get to me.   That network outage came at ironic
time, April 11th, actually 1 am on the 12th to be more precise.

Those of you who have been around for a while might remember
that April 11th is the day that Team.Net became a registered domain
back in 1991.  So this was Team.Net's 16th birthday.  And I was
getting ready to send out a message to folks about the annual fund
drive.  I would have felt pretty bad if I had sent the message, and then
gotten booted off the air - "Send me money for something that doesn't
work"   It is nice to have things working again, and I'll manage to
get the donation drive underway in a day or two.  Good thing, because
it is starting to sound like I'm losing a bearing in one of the hard drives
on the main server, time for some upgrades.

But for now, I think I have all the FOT admin tasks done that required my
attention.  Maybe I can get some Triumph work done this week!

mjb.

http://fatchancegarage.com