fot

Re: [Fot] Mallory Distributor

To: "riverside" <riverside@cedar-rapids.net>, "Peter Vucinic"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Mallory Distributor
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 21:50:36 -0400
I did try that. Couldn't get the engine to start when I set it to my
desired advance. I sort of remembering getting it running, setting to
30, locking the dizzy down, having the engine go off cam and stall. Then
it would not re-fire.

Those high torque starters are really great for spinning over hot, high
compression engines, but with the gear reduction they do not spin them
particularly fast. That doesn't help.