fot

[Fot] groov-O-matic

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] groov-O-matic
From: Dennis DeLap <yellow-green@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 17:16:29 -0700 (PDT)
AMICI - today the box from ISKYracing cams finally arrived UPS.  I was very
excited!
  My groov-O-matic was finally here.  I had decided awhile ago that I was going
to O-ring my own piston liners for my next engine build.  So over the course of
the last couple of weeks I put an old race engine up on the stand and took it
apart.  I've been measuring, honeing, cleaning, thinking about chevy rods,
making trips to the machine shop, but really wanting to make some grooves.  I
open the box this afternoon only to find no groov-O-matic, but instead some
other Isky part with a very similar stock number.  Wow - did I freak.  A call
to Isky eventually got me to Ron Iskenderian and the promise of a Friday
groov-O-matic and a free T-shirt shipment via UPS.  Life in a small midwestern
town!  Whew!

  I would like some help from the group on a more important issue - How sloppy
can we run these 87mm piston liners.  Tell me - how much do you guys take off
of these liners in a rebuild situation. 4 thou too much?  What's your take?

  Thanks
  Dennis