fot

[Fot] British Extravaganza at Buttonwillow

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] British Extravaganza at Buttonwillow
From: JFrymark@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 21:41:09 EDT
Our usual event reporter, Steve Smith, wasn't in attendance, so I will
volunteer this recap of a great weekend of racing on the Left Coast. An XLarge
turnout of Triumphs:

TR3: Joe Dickerson, Steve Belfer
TR4: Paul Smock, John Frymark, Mike Bruner, Ken Knight
TR6: Edwin Soto
Spits: Chuck Gee, Alan Weins, Jerry Alford, Alan Mitzutani, Joe Siam, Gary
Shuman, Steve Barth, Dale Crane, (I'm sure there were more...)
Herald: Jerry Barker, 1 other in a beautiful red convertible  (Cleary?)

Highlights:
- Sprite/Triumph Challenge Race (the MG guys have given up and race the
Minis now) top 10 finishers were 2nd (Gee), 3rd (Barker), 4th  (Frymark), 6th
(Shuman), and 7th (Bruner)
- Alan Weins turned a smokin' lap in 2:10 during the Sunday Flag  race
- Steve Belfer had a trouble-free first outing in his pretty TR3
- Nameless Triumph drivers butchered "Superfreak" during Karaoke
- Good turnout of pre-War racers and Brit car club attendees

Lowlight: 2 Italian cars turned turtle in separate racing incidences on
Sunday . Drivers were unhurt thankfully.