fot

Re: [Fot] Roller life

To: Jim Cun <jimcun2001@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Roller life
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 06:31:15 -0700
You won't see a huge increase in power from adding a roller cam. I
don't remember what engine you're using, but the increase in flow
created by having longer duration enabled by the steep lifting ramp
is never more than a few  percent. If you've optimized everything
else and have no where else to go for another little boost then
roller cams make sense, but otherwise they're a lot of hassle. The
lifters wind up being pretty heavy too because they need a stabilizer
bar between lifter sets to keep them from rotating. I've seen a lot
of installations go bad when the cam grinds away at the head too--you
have to control the cam thrust very carefully because it varies
constantly--the cams hammer back and forth because there's no ramp on
the cam faces--they have to be flat.

Bill Babcock
billb@bnj.com
bnj  Website for Babcock & Jenkins, a direct and interactive agency

You can subscribe to my Blogs
Via email:
All Aluminum Tour: Touring and racing classic North American tracks.
http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?Sub=168395
Ponohouse : Living and playing in Maui. http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?
Sub=168304

or Via RSS