fot

Re: [Fot] Straight cut timing gear set

To: Jim Cun <jimcun2001@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Straight cut timing gear set
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 06:36:03 -0700
The most efficient timing drive is chain in an oil bath--least
friction. Actually Gilmer belts are even more efficient but they're a
pain--they have a pretty short life cycle. In my Ferrari they need to
be changed every 15K miles. By the time you maket straight gears cut
you could pay for two gilmer drives though. Of course they have to
run dry, so you'll need a little re-engineering of the timing chest.
Bill Babcock
billb@bnj.com
bnj  Website for Babcock & Jenkins, a direct and interactive agency

You can subscribe to my Blogs
Via email:
All Aluminum Tour: Touring and racing classic North American tracks.
http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?Sub=168395
Ponohouse : Living and playing in Maui. http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?
Sub=168304

or Via RSS