fot

[Fot] Zenith Stromberg LP/IT Race Setup

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Zenith Stromberg LP/IT Race Setup
From: Scott Cypher <scypher@usa.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 17:43:03 -0400
In the next week, I need to build up a carb (CD150) for the spit.  I
have the ZS Haynes guide, Kas's first book, and the comp prep
manual.  What other "tricks of the trade" should I look at doing,
that may not be mentioned in the guides?
I have plenty of spares and needles to go through, so if there are
particular parts that are better to use than others, I would
appreciate someone sharing some information.  The only race carb I
have was through-bored and the butterflies soldered, and all the
bypass/temp/etc controls plugged off.

I'm also looking for a source for just carb float needs; I have
plenty of gaskets, but almost no carb float needs to use in a rebuild.

As a final note, I am targeting the June 8th school at Gingerman.  If
any of you follow the prod board, you'll know I bought out another
racers car and setup, and installed my motor in it, and fired it up.
The frame/roll cage I had been working on, I determined was not save,
and the cage would need to be redone.

If anyone is looking for a frame/tub with a log-book history from the
70's, I have that one, plus another that came from the other racer's
buy-out.  Its the old drummond frame, for those of you who know of or
remember the drummond brothers.

Thanks for listening
-Scott