fot

Re: [Fot] Modern Motor Oil and Your Car

To: <fot@autox.team.net>, "Gary" <vintage.racer@comcast.net>, "Terry
Subject: Re: [Fot] Modern Motor Oil and Your Car
From: "Terry Stetler" <tlizzard@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 07:34:09 -0400
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Terry Stetler<mailto:tlizzard@msn.com>
  To: fot@autox.team.net<mailto:fot@autox.team.net> ;
Gary<mailto:vintage.racer@comcast.net>
  Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 7:30 AM

  Thanks for the very informative post.
  I believe that the Red Line oils are still on "our" side as well.

  Seems to me that if this trend continues, and it no doubt will, we will have
to find ways other than obscure lubricant formulations to continue to enjoy
our vehicles.  This will require the acceptance of the situation by the
governing bodies of our sport, to allow modernising to accomplish the goal of
continued operation.  Of course the hardest nut to crack will be conservative
old timers like myself, who really cringe at the thought of modern components
in our old cars.  But given the choice of parking it or using it, I'll side
with using it, even if that means some pretty radical changes to engine
specification.

  Terry Stetler