fot

Re: [Fot] Modern Motor Oil and Your Car

To: vintage.racer@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Modern Motor Oil and Your Car
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 11:34:58 EDT
The most useful information that I have so far found, after a LOT of
research, regarding the zddp in oil fiasco is at:

<A HREF="www.lnengineering.com/oil.html ">www.lnengineering.com/oil.html</A>

nb.

1) GM's EOS and STP's 4-cylinder engine oil treatment (RED) bottle are
recommended as being able to raise the zddp levels.

2) The Phosphorous is not 90% of the formula, it is more like 60% as the Zinc
& Phosphorous are synergistic.

3) Keeping a stock of old engine oil may not be the answer either, as I have
read that the additive package may settle out?

Apart from that a lot of good work in the previos email by Harland.

Regards

Leon

<A
HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/vitesse1963";>http://community.webshots.com/user/vitesse1963</A>