fot

[Fot] Initial Report Custom Chevy Con-Rod Transplant

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Initial Report Custom Chevy Con-Rod Transplant
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 09:35:54 EDT
List.

We have not dropped the pan yet, for inspection of bearings, but the Uncle
Jack Chevy Con-Rod Transplant seemed to work very well in our TR4

Developed by Uncle Jack and Christian Marx, it appears to be a great
alternative to the expensive Carillos. Christian has over 1500 miles of track
and
street driving on his variation of this transplant. I have nearly 200 miles of
full throttle racing at Road America, last weekend.

It requires spacers for the pin end to centralize the rod on the journal. The
crankshaft needs to be reground to a Chevy Spec.

It uses Clevite 77 bearings at an effective cost per four cylinder set of
about $12.50 per set.

With the narrower con-rod, it requires a slight boost in oil pressure of
about 10 lbs.

It is not known if Uncle Jack is going to proceed with packaging these
con-rods for sale. One of the wrinkles is that spacers may vary in length
according
to brands of pistons.

I am pleased at this point, and will report the condition of the bearings
when we drop the pan to inspect.

Regards,

Joe Alexander   </HTML>