fot

[Fot] TR3 - 4 manifold gaskets - commercial

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] TR3 - 4 manifold gaskets - commercial
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 11:25:46 -0500
I had a sample run of manifold gaskets made to try out. They are now
on several cars and working superbly.

They solve the problem of leaky manifolds due to untrue manifold
surfaces and bent / warped / out of alignment exhaust header flanges.

The gaskets are made from compacted graphite, 1/8" thick. They
compress to half their thickness, so manifolds can be quite bad and
still seal. They are made by a commercial supplier to speed shops,
etc to my print. Intake holes are the right size, instead of what we
get now, and bottom edges are trimmed to eliminate possible
interference with the top of the block.

As you would expect, they are not cheap, but they solve a problem.
The price will be $60 for the pair required for one engine. They may
be reusable but may not. I have mine on for the second time and so
far, so good, but it will depend on whether or not some of this
material sticks to the sealing surfaces.

I am going to have a second run made. Anybody interested in being
included? -- I know that this will appeal to a very small segment of
the TR market, so I'm asking for a commitment on this one.

uncle jack