fot

[Fot] 2007 Kastner Cup - Thriller at Miller

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] 2007 Kastner Cup - Thriller at Miller
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 18:35:06 -0600
If you are still on the fence about going to Miller, here are a few
thoughts about the destination:

Tooele, Utah, it just sounds like the middle of nowhere. In reality, it
is 30 miles from the Salt Lake City International Airport. Nestled at the
base of the west slope of the Oquirrh Mountains in eastern Tooele County.
The City of Tooele has the amenities expected in the 21st century, yet
still retains some 19th century details. Tooele County, second largest in
Utah, has a motor sports heritage that goes back into the early 20th
century with the Land Speed Record runs conducted at the Bonneville Salt
Flats.
Larry Miller, having been shot down in his efforts to expand facilities
in Mead, Colorado and rejected by Salt Lake City, Utah, where he is a
major presence, accepted the offer from Tooele County to come and look at
a piece of land they had available. Ninety plus million dollars later,
Larry had a state of the art road racing facility a few miles outside
Tooele. The multi configuration track is capable of hosting two events
simultaneously on two, 2+ mile circuits, run an event on the perimeter
track (on which motorcycles have already averaged above 100 MPH), or the
full, 4.65 mile, 23 corner Pro-Circuit. On top of that, there is a
Go-Kart track with too many configurations to count and dirt hills on
each end for off road activities. Motorcycles can play on the Kart
facilities as well.
The facility is ready to go to host a United States Grand Prix (with a
few more seats). There are GP garages on pit lane fitted with everything
a prima donna GP team could want. Yes, there are TVs in there. Race
control is likewise fitted with large TV monitors capable of showing
images from cameras fitted around the track. The view from Race Control
is quite picturesque with the Oquirrh Mountains to the left, South
Mountain in front of you, the Stansbury Mountains on your right and the
track in the foreground. Id like to see the place in the Spring when the
grass is green.
DO NOT miss your next opportunity to visit this incredible facility with
the same sort of amenities we enjoyed at PPIR, just kicked way, WAY up,
and a REAL road course!
You will be glad you came.