fot

[Fot] Scatter Shields

To: FOT@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Fot] Scatter Shields
From: Cofrog@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 12:41:46 EDT
Earlier this year RMVR had an incident with a flywheel exploding on an  MGB.
I had given thought to this danger but had kind of dismissed  it.  In looking
over the archives, there was some activity  regarding scatter shields in 2000
but it seems to have dead  ended.

What are you folks using for scatter shields and their source.  I  see Uncle
Jack has (had) a metal "U" shaped shield that fits around the  transmission
cover inside the car.  Others feel that the shield needs to  wrap around the
whole bell housing.  Thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan Forgey