fot

Re: [Fot] Scatter Shields

To: <Cofrog@aol.com>, <FOT@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Scatter Shields
From: "tr4.tony@virgin.net" <tsheach@pba.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 07:57:52 +0100
Hi Dan

I run a u shaped brace around the front of the prop, and [sometimes had a
steel band round the top of the bellhousing] ... Best job is to 8 or 12 bolt
the flywheel. I've lost a 4 bolt & dowel at 6500 rpm.

Using a sleeved stag input shaft [stag a type od box] also helps keep it all
in there when it breaks loose as its thicker .... The flywheel just walked its
way along and stayed inside the case when I lost it. Minimal damage resulted.

Regards

Tony