fot

Re: [Fot] Scatter Shields

To: <Cofrog@aol.com>, <FOT@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Scatter Shields
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 16:14:12 -0500
The one in my car is the one my brother put in when he built it in 1971. The
epitome of no-budget construction -- just a chunk of rubber conveyor belt
bolted to the inside of the plastic aftermarket tunnel cover. Doesn't go all
the way around, but I'm not really worried about something blowing out the
right side. If the trans/clutch ever blew out the left side, I'm sure it
would tear up that tunnel cover, but it would be the shield bruising my
legs, not the shrapnel.

At least that's what I'm telling myself, and I'm sticking to the story. I
probably solo more than race, but I've seen solo cars blow a trans too so
still a good idea.

--Rocky Entriken