fot

Re: [Fot] Fot Digest - Subject: Sanding brake pads?

To: jimhearn1@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fot Digest - Subject: Sanding brake pads?
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:26:42 GMT
Cc: fot@autox.team.net, joeg@neb.rr.com
Sender: fot-bounces+fot-archive=autox.team.net@autox.team.net
The issue of bedding in new pads is more of an issue of getting the pads to
off gas.  Those gases will reduce the stopping ability of the pads.  Did the
pads come with any bedding instructions?  Sanding the pads will not bed them.
Only friction and the associated heat will do this.  Typically 5 or 6 hard
brakings, but not to a stop with some cooling time in between works.  You do
not want to overheat them, but you do want them to get hot, then cool a
little, 5 or 6 times.  Joe(B)

-- "jim hearn" <jimhearn1@comcast.net> wrote:
Thanks for your response Joe.  At least this go around, I am running
Kevlar pads.  Jim