fot

[Fot] Reinserting TR4 tappets w/head on?

To: FoT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Reinserting TR4 tappets w/head on?
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 14:30:43 -0400
I wasn't paying close enough attention when I removed the rocker
assembly this afternoon.  One of the pushrods pulled a tappet out of its
bore.  Oh sh*t!!  I've tried all I can think of to slip it back into the
bore.  It seems to sit at the top of the bore, but just doesn't want to
slide in.  So far I've avoided the BFH technique, but am running out of
patience and am *really* pissed at myself, so stepped away from it for
the afternoon.

Suggestions?  I really don't want to pull the head, as that will destroy
Uncle Jack's fantastic head gasket.

TIA

jim
--