fot

Re: [Fot] Reinserting TR4 tappets w/head on?

To: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Reinserting TR4 tappets w/head on?
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:49:48 -0500
Ok, I'll admit it.  I've screwed up and done this more than once.
Rocker assembly not yet installed, but ...   Ok, let's check to make
sure the starter works - oops.  Or, turn the engine over on the engine
stand - oops. I've never had any trouble getting them back in though.
Use a screw driver and/or magnetic tool to move it around until you can
get a the magnetic pickup tool on the inside of the lifter.  Then line
it up over the lifter bore and use a screw driver to push it down into
the bore.  If it came out easily, it should go back easily.