fot

Re: [Fot] Infrared Temperature Guns

To: gkbyrne@optushome.com.au
Subject: Re: [Fot] Infrared Temperature Guns
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 09:19:53 EDT
In a message dated 08/21/2007 9:22:19 PM Central Daylight Time,
gkbyrne@optushome.com.au writes:

> Has anyone experience with using an  infrared gun to measure tyre and
> exhaust
> temperatures . I'm thinking about buying one and would like some advice.
> There
> are some on ebay for $60

Geoff...

My racing partner, Bob Wismer, has an infrared gun for measuring heat.  Works
slick and is sure quick and dirty.  We were using it at GRATTAN this past
week end on nearly everything including a couple of round butts that passed by
our garage door.

I have the traditional 'probe-type,' which is not nearly so convenient.

Everything I've read suggests the probe type is more accurate for tires.

Bill Dentinger