fot

[Fot] grp 44 frt brakes

To: FOT LIST <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] grp 44 frt brakes
From: greg <gtlund@cyberspeedway.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:08:03 -0700
Everybody,
     It turns out that the drawings Rod Kent had were from Group 44 for
bigger spindles and bearings to cure the spindle flex problem. The
bigger bearings required a bigger hub but it mounted stock rotors. This
mod predated SCCA allowing the Jag rotor/caliper combo. I do have some
sketches of the bigger spindles and hubs I made for the street toy. They
use the Jag rotors because we had so many spares. I also have the
sketches of adapters to mount the Sumitomo 300zx calipers. The ZX
calipers have huge pistons which help solve the TR pedal ratio
shortcomings. The spindles use the stock inner bearing with a Chevy
Malibu outer. I can scan the sketches if anybody is interested. They do
have most dimensions but they were drawn while being made so I can't
guarantee results. (your mileage may vary) Anybody good with Autocad is
welcome to clean them up.

Greg Lund