fot

Re: [Fot] [Fwd: Re: TR6 gearbox]

To: fpspitfire@insightbb.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] [Fwd: Re: TR6 gearbox]
From: greg <gtlund@cyberspeedway.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 10:35:45 -0700
    I agree. We never considered a 5 speed for the 6. We ran a Mag case
Jerico with Kas's old close ratio splits. Some tracke we only used 3 of
the 4 gears.
    BTW the Mag case Jerico is only about 5 pounds more than the TR6
box. The trouble is the shift linkage intrudes on the left side and
reduces leg room drastically. Rod wore a big kneepad on his right leg to
keep the bruises down. If I did this again I would look at rotating the
box 90 degrees and using the MVE shifter. I would also use the thin
qualifying gearsets to reduce the weight and rotating mass. Jericos are
all over Ebay now.

Greg Lund