fot

Re: [Fot] [Fwd: Re: TR6 gearbox]

To: fpspitfire@insightbb.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] [Fwd: Re: TR6 gearbox]
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 17:05:53 EDT
fpspitfire@insightbb.com

Wrote:

    BTW the Mag case Jerico is only about 5 pounds more than the TR6
box. The trouble is the shift linkage intrudes on the left side and
reduces leg room drastically. Rod wore a big kneepad on his right leg to
keep the bruises down. If I did this again I would look at rotating the
box 90 degrees and using the MVE shifter. I would also use the thin
qualifying gearsets to reduce the weight and rotating mass. Jericos are
all over Ebay now.

Greg Lund

So, convert your left-hooker Triumph back to the Right-Hand Steer that it was
designed to be all along, end of problem!

As another advantage, if that pesky flywheel should ever come loose, then
they inavariably head for the Left side footwell...

And what does it matter which side of the car the steering is on if it is a
track only car? Everyone else is (usually) going in the same direction! Even if
racecaR is the same spelled forwards or backwards!

Regards

Leon

Triumph Vitesse Cv, Right-Hand Steer!

   </HTML>