fot

Re: [Fot] elgibility question

To: marty sukey <trmarty@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] elgibility question
From: Susan Kahler <spitfiresuz@141.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 12:20:24 -0500
CVAR is 1972, although I believe you may run up to a 1974 car that has
been backdated to 1972 or earlier (no features that were not available
in 1972).  They have been working hard to crack down and get cars into
the proper specs so we all play by the rules and not infringe upon them.

Here's their eligibility paragraph:
*
1. VEHICLE ELIGIBILITY
<http://www.corinthianvintagerace.com/General%20Rules%20for%20all%20classes.htm#Vehicle%20Eligibility>

/
/ <http://www.corinthianvintagerace.com/cvarrules.html#top>* *All cars
manufactured Prior to December 31. 1972, of any make or nationality are
eligible, subject to classification under the current CVAR Vintage Race
Car Classification Rules and/or approval of the Corinthian Vintage Auto
Racing Corp. (CVAR) Vehicle Regulation Committee.  December 31,1974 for
vintage race cars that would be assigned to CVAR FIA class.  All cars
must be presented in race configuration consistent with their original
period of manufacture.  Modifications for safety purposes are
permitted.  Modifications may disqualify a car from its being placed in
correct race group and as a result, be assigned to another appropriate
race group or possibly be allowed only to participate in the Exhibition
Group (Group 5).  In addition, those cars may not be eligible to
participate in CVAR's Championship Point .  Rules for cars that are
eligible to participate only in the Exhibition/Demonstration (Non-Race
Group) Group are contained in paragraph 9.  No turbo charged cars.*

Keep Triumphing,
Susan       :)

--
** Never argue with idiots.  They will drag you down to their level then beat
you with experience. **