fot

[Fot] Copper vs steel figure 8 gaskets

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Copper vs steel figure 8 gaskets
From: "Mark York" <m-syork@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 12:47:15 -0700
I delivered a gasket set I purchased fro BFE to the shop building my TR3/4
race engine and they want copper figure 8 gaskets instead of the steel ones
in the set. They claim that the copper gaskets seal much better and have
stopped the build waiting on the new gaskets. What are your thoughts copper
vs steel? Does the copper gasket allow them to be "looser" when building the
engine? Are these gaskets really steel or some other material?

Who makes copper figure 8 gaskets (maybe Mordy)?

Thank you

Mark