fot

Re: [Fot] Jack Wheeler is looking for alloy radiator for his TR2

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Jack Wheeler is looking for alloy radiator for his TR2
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 18:11:30 -0500
I am using a commodity Chevy aluminum radiator (TruKool 22x19) from
Speedway Motors for about $140.  It fits nicely between the inner
fenders with about an inch to spare on each side. It required some
creative plumbing and some simple mounting brackets on the bottom. I've
got some photos somewhere if that would help.  It can idle 15 minutes
with no fan before it starts to overheat.  Never a problem when you're
moving.  I believe there are other racers using this setup.  For a
street car, you'd probably have to use an electric fan.  This is ONO
(obviously not original).