fot

Re: [Fot] KASTNER CUP CHALLENGE - WATKINS GLEN 2008

To: "'Greg \"Lunker\" Hilyer'" <lunkercars@earthlink.net>, "'FOT'"
Subject: Re: [Fot] KASTNER CUP CHALLENGE - WATKINS GLEN 2008
From: "Keith Files" <keithfiles@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:05:58 +0100
Hi Greg,

Happy to try to address the question of what it did leave the factory with
in terms of body, chassis and transmission.

The inner body tub has to be original in all respects i.e. all inner panels
and bulkheads are standard (although there are some who replace the mild
steel with aluminium but I do not) with a number of outer panels in glass
fibre (light weight but not by much as the overall reduction in weight is
minor 930 kgs as opposed to a street car of 1024 kgs.).

No changes to the original silhouette are allowed. The use of glass fibre is
preferred as the panels are easy and cheap to replace.

The chassis is standard Triumph with all original suspension pick-up points
(The rear trailing arms are standard Triumph as is all of the front
suspension bar the springs and shocks).

The engine block and head must be original and must be in their original
location.

The gearbox must use a Triumph casing; we use the Stag one as it is stronger
but not lighter.

The differential case is standard Triumph.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Keith.