fot

Re: [Fot] KASTNER CUP CHALLENGE - WATKINS GLEN 2008

To: "Bill Babcock" <billb@bnj.com>, "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] KASTNER CUP CHALLENGE - WATKINS GLEN 2008
From: "Steven Groh" <sgroh1@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 18:48:31 -0400
I have to pipe in here.  I am one of those who moved their car into
compliance.  Having just spent $2,800 after a ton of searching to replace my
non-conforming fiberglass Spitfire bonnet (in compliance with HSR and VARA,
by the way) for a steel bonnet so that I would be in compliance with SVRA's
rules, I would definitely NOT be happy if the rules were not uniformly
applied or were arbitrarily applied.  A governing body of technical experts
enforcing the rules is one reason I joined SVRA.  I think this would further
open a flood gate of exceptions.  Secondly, this is the Zippo GP for crying
out loud.  If any event should have vintage rules enforced, it should be
this one.

I'm all for a comprehensive Triumph meet, and with all countries
represented, too.  I just don't think SVRA and the Glen are the right
combination for this.  How about a "non-championship" looser-format event
with VARAC at Mosport?  Or HSR at Road Atlanta?  Or some other sanctioning
body at the Glen?  Then I'll put the glass bonnet back on and join the fun.

Steve Groh
SVRA #393
63 Spitfire