fot

Re: [Fot] Trouble with receiving FOT mails

To: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Trouble with receiving FOT mails
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 17:50:52 -0700
Using a google email account is a fairly good solution and it's free.
You get more than a gigabyte of storage, which should be adequate,
and Goggle has pretty effective spam blocking. They also run
efficient outgoing email management and policing so their IPs never
get blocked.  You can retrieve your mail via any system that handles
IMAP or POP3 accounts. I have a Gmail account and a .MAC account, but
for general use I'm still using BNJ.com which runs on my company's
own servers at a tier one hosting facility. We run the most
sophisticated spam blockers we can buy, and use pros to manage the
systems, and it's still a persistent and serious problem. There IS no
such thing as security on the internet, and no current solution to
email problems given the current architecture.

The most likely answer is complete identifiability on the web--an
architecture that eliminates anonymity. But that get the hackles of
the internet community up quicker than any other topic I can image.
Personally, I have never understood why people believe a totally
anonymous system is a good thing. Privacy and anonymity may share
some characteristics, but they are not the same thing.