fot

Re: [Fot] Increasing OD pressure

To: Chuck Arnold <triosan@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Increasing OD pressure
From: Allen Washatko <awashatko@wi.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 06:51:09 -0500
Chuck,
Try Quantum Mechanics - John Esposito (203) 459-9612. He is a British
transmission and O/D expert. He can rebuild your O/D to full race
specs. He is reasonable, honest and a very helpful guy. To shift faster
you will need to drill out the oil passages to increase the pressure
and you should install upgraded clutch packs. There are several
bearings that also need to be changed to handle the higher level of
stress. I'm running about 600 lbs. of pressure in mine and it shifts
very quickly!

Allen

On Oct 15, 2007, at 10:09 AM, Chuck Arnold wrote:

> Sorry to some of you whom I may have asked this question directly.  I
> seem
> to keep losing answers.
>
> I have j-type ODs that will use in racing -- shifting at about 6000
> rpm.  I
> am rebuilding two units this winter.  Want to know what people have
> done to
> increase the pressure in the j-type system.  Also what has been done
> to make
> shifting in and out quicker?
>
> Will share the responses and write an article on my endeavors.  Anyone
> have
> good links for OD repair/enhancement?
>
> Thanks
>
> --