fot

Re: [Fot] Increasing OD pressure

To: Allen Washatko <awashatko@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Increasing OD pressure
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:10:22 -0500
I'm not as familiar with the J-types as I am with the A-type, but
doesn't the J-type pump only when you engage the overdrive?  The shift
delay is determined by how long it takes to pump up.  If so, increasing
the pressure will not make it shift faster.  On the other hand, the
A-type has an accumulator which holds a volume of pressurized oil, so it
will shift faster with greater pressure.  I've always thought the A-type
with the large accumulator was the best choice for racing.
Larry