fot

[Fot] Do tire temperatures tell most of the tire pressure story?

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Do tire temperatures tell most of the tire pressure story?
From: "jim hearn" <jimhearn1@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:40:50 -0700
I am dealing with autocross temps and pressures but imagine it would be
similar for the race course.  On my TR6, I have adjusted alignment to where
I have my tire temperatures pretty uniform (within 5 - 7 degrees) across
each tire.  If I am running 31 lbs front and 29 lbs rear and my tire
temperatures are 12 to 15 degrees cooler in the back of the car than the
front, would that indicate that I could use less pressure in the rear (as
long as the tires don't roll over).  In other words, is uniform tire
temperature all the way around optimum?

Thanks guys,

Jim Hearn
Sacramento, CA