fot

Re: [Fot] Spitfire mixture needles

To: gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Spitfire mixture needles
From: herald948@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 09:48:38 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Solow <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>

We have been working on a 1968 Spitfire Mk 3, It is a stock, very
origiinal
car. We have just done a valve job, installed hard exhaust seat and new
guides, & replaced the rings. The compression is great and the engine
is nice
and tight. It has the stock tubular headers that cam on this year car
and the
dual 1 1/4" HS-2 carbs.

==AM==
Greg, I've no sage words of wisdom about the problem, but I do have a
question. Which engine are we talking about here? You mention "stock
tubular headers" -- they were "stock" only on the Spitfire 4 Mk2 with
the 1147cc, six-port engine (FC series). An original engine for a '68
Mk3 would be an FD series, eight-port, 1296cc. engine.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>