fot

Re: [Fot] Battery's, Non-TR

To: WEmery7451@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Battery's, Non-TR
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 17:22:00 EST
In a message dated 11/17/2007 4:04:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
WEmery7451@aol.com writes:

I was  told to plug a power source into the cigarette lighter socket before
they  would disconnect the battery.  They said that if they do not do this,
some
Jap cars lock up and have to be towed to a dealer to be reset.   Neither of
our
Mazdas have this feature, since I have had the batteries  disconnected in both
of them.

Has anybody ever heard of this  issue?

==AM==
I'm no expert on modern cars, but I've never heard of that, either. One  good
thing about the power source in the lighter socket is that it might help to
preserve radio button presets; otherwise, diconnecting and reconnecting a
battery might cause some computer chip in some cars to reboot or restart. After

a minute or so, it should reprogram itself and all would be well again. At
least  that's what I'VE heard. ;-)

--Andy   Mace (the period Bendix AM/FM is the most sophisticated bit of
electronics in  the Herald!)

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's  not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and  Triumph Herald
Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)