fot

Re: [Fot] under hood temp control

To: "Steven Preiss" <spreiss@verizon.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] under hood temp control
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 13:39:03 -0800
There are some pretty cute ways of doing this.  Most obvious is the blocking
up of the hood hinges so that the back lip of the hood has a gap to provide
an exit for hot air. That also vents to a low pressure area when you have  a
full screen. You might want to find out if you have a pressure differential
under the hood compared to ambient before starting an exercise. Some folks
have a vent in the front fender, looks nice and is effective but pretty
small and you are depending on the lower pressure at the side of the car (
not always true)  You can vent into wheel well with just expanded metal
screen in the inner fender panel. Works pretty well, but use a water
monometer to check the pressure difference before you cut metal. Probably
not legal in most Vintage outfits, but then we are talking about theories
anyway. :-)

This is without touching on another obvious mod of heat shields for the
inlet and exhaust systems.