fot

[Fot] (no subject)

To: <trmarty@hotmail.com>
Subject: [Fot] (no subject)
From: Shane Ingate <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 14:30:04 -0500
Marty Sukey asked:

> I have never been to Imports at Carlisle. Any of you folks participated in
the
> autox they have at the event? Whats it like? I am kicking around the idea
but
> it's a pretty good haul. Any of my fellow Triumphites going to be there
> running showing all them other foreign cars how it done?

The autoX is pretty lame.  It is quite short and in my limited experience
did not have any top drivers or cars.  It seemed more of an event for
show attendees and beginners.

Carlisle vendors have really gone down hill.  I started attending in 2000
and the number of Triumph-goods sellers was terrific with lots of bargains to
be found.  This, I have been told, was awful compared to the heady days of
the 1990s.  Last year and this year, the number of vendors has shrunk by
a factor of 4 over past few years.  Stick to eBay.

On the other hand, the number of club cars shown on the grass seems to have
increased, and not just Triumphs.

Hell of a long way to drive for an old car show, though.

Shane Ingate in NM