fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 rear Hubs ?

To: Shane Ingate <hottr6@hotmail.com>, <vanlake@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 rear Hubs ?
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 16:09:41 -0600
At 01:53 PM 12/5/2007, Shane Ingate wrote:
If you think you can have decent hubs on a TR6 for the price
of crappy eBay parts, etc...............

I have been talking to Southwick about possibly supplying uprated
hubs for the TR6. As you may know, Southwick Machine and Design
currently supplies the virtually unbreakable rear axle conversion for
the straight axle cars. We are looking at doing hubs for the TR6. At
least one of the previous suppliers has decided to no longer supply
them and he says he would welcome some other supplier for them.

We really don't want to stomp on any toes of anyone currently making
these parts. At this point it is in the discussion stage. At the
moment we are waiting to get some stock rear suspension parts so that
we can do the engineering.

We are somewhat concerned about the availability of raw material -
Corvair and Datsun 240 Z parts are not available in the Midwest, but
perhaps they are available new somewhere.

Bob Southwick wants to look at using newer parts that are more
plentiful. Since so many cars have independent suspension nowadays,
there are some more recent possibilities.

I think there is a very good chance that all this will happen, but
not overnight. If you are not in a big hurry for these parts and can
wait a few months to give us a chance to engineer it, then this would
be a possibility for you.

uncle jack