fot

Re: [Fot] manifold gasket

To: Gt6steve@aol.com, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] manifold gasket
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 19:17:31 -0800 (PST)
Good idea! I can see these splitting after being compressed for a period. Of
course, cleaning the manifold of any sharp edges would cut down on the header
cutting the material. I'm not saying the gaskets aren't good...I use them all
the time and pay the extra $$$ so I'll never have to worry about manifold
leaks. For that they are great!
  - Ed

Gt6steve@aol.com wrote:
        I bought some very high dollar gaskets from Remco or somesuch that were
very thick and forgiving.  sadly they split when disassembled so I started
wrapping them in foil before install to provide a sacrificial layer.  I'm
hoping these gaskets are similar:
    Guys:If these are the P/N's 695-050 ($17.95) & 695-060 ($18.95) I've used
this part for awhile now. They are about twice as thick as a stock gasket, and
are made of a fiberous material instead of the composite stock gaskets. They
have sealed every header I've ever put on a customers car, but, I would not
consider them reusable. But then again, I don't have a lot of customers asking
my to pull headers as often as we might on a race car.
  Thanks - Ed

Gt6steve@aol.com wrote:
  In a message dated 12/18/2007 6:17:55 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,