fot

Re: [Fot] Valvecover venting

To: Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Valvecover venting
From: Ken Suhre <kenandtweety@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 08:08:53 -0800 (PST)
Hi Glenn,

I was a tech in the trenches of a dealership. I should
have made that distinction. I am still employed as a
service quality tech. Which means I get to test drive
when the need arises, anything from an Omni to a
Viper.
As an introduction of myself to the group, which I
don't believe has been done, I am the keeper of the
flame in the Don Brick TR4. My son Jonathan owns the
car. It is in the process of freshening up.
I have been quietly gathering tips on preparation of
TRs from the vast experience and minds of FOTers since
being nominated to the list.
I purchased my first sports car in 1958. A '56 TR3. I
joined the TSOA and still have a few copies of the
newsletter. I ran my first race in '59 on an airport
course in Vishi, Mo. The racing virus has been in my
blood ever since. It did lay dormant from '64 to '90.
My current street use sports car is a '57 TR3A. My
racing wheels however since completition of a total
vintage race preparation, has been one of those pesky
Morris Minis. A '61 Mini Minor prepared to Cooper S
specs.
Our plans are to get the TR4 back on the track and
possibly to Watkins Glen with me as driver if Jonathan
can't swing it.
By the way my dad bought a new Ferguson TO20 tractor
that I began driving when I was ten. So consider me
one of the first British tractor engine drivers in the
group. Ha!

Ken Suhre