fot

Re: [Fot] GPS Products

To: <billdentin@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] GPS Products
From: Shane Ingate <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 12:32:33 -0500
Bill Dentin asked:

> I would value hearing any strong feelings from FOT listers on GPS systems.
> Please contact me off list, so we don't bore the others.

Real Men don't use GPS.  We'd rather get lost.

Hilarity aside, all GPS systems offer very poor support for Macs.
This is a bummer especially if you want to add hi-res topography.
Maybe not so important when you stick to US pavement, but I am
off-road a lot, often with helo-support in unfamiliar countries.
My copy of GPSy is on life-support, but works well.

Shane Ingate in NM

PS  New Year present is a Cheby 2500 Duramax 4x4.  Now have to start
saving for the enclosed trailer.