fot

Re: [Fot] steroid use

To: spreiss@verizon.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] steroid use
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 11:22:36 EST
In a message dated 1/4/2008 11:17:49 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
spreiss@verizon.net writes:

.............That was the start of the
>    homogenization of Nascar which has resulted in McRace cars which have
>  no appeal to a lot of car guys. Until that time, the race engines were
>  dimensionally equal to the production piece.
>        Also, be aware that more than one SCCA championship was won with
>  oversize lifters which were not caught. They are checked  now.............

I don't get it. Is the level of engine mods permitted  in vintage racing more
aligned with NASCAR than SCCA at this point?
Or  is this discussion of lifter substitution (GT40 no less) and  computerized
boring programs pertinent only to members' street  cars?

Steve P.

My opinion on this is that it is way beyond the scope of enforcement in the
Vintage Community.

It is also way beyond what I would call "in the Spirit of Vintage  Racing".

Jack Woehrle
SVRA Technical Director