fot

[Fot] lifters

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] lifters
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 13:23:34 -0600
First the good news:

I've been trying to find the best lifter deal and may be making some
progress. BPNW lists heavy duty lifters in their catalog and on their
website. They sell them to some of the other domestic suppliers. They
say that all the lifters are over 54 Rockwell C. Of course, like any
manufactured product, not every piece is checked. I am purchasing 16
of these and will have each one of them tested (costs me $5 apiece
but I need good lifters) and will report the findings to the FOT list
(with BPNW's approval). BPNW is nice to work with.

Now the bad news:

The leading manufacturer of ceramic lifters, Schubeck, no longer has
an active phone number, and other websites that discuss these lifters
say that they are no longer available.

uncle jack