fot

Re: [Fot] 300ZX Calipers

To: Joe Boruch <jaboruch@netzero.net>, FOT LIST <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] 300ZX Calipers
From: greg <gtlund@cyberspeedway.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 12:28:46 -0700
   I have talked with Jeremy Thoennes about using aftermarket calipers
on Prod cars. He semed willing to entertain it a couple of years ago.
Production based calipers are usually MORE expensive than current
Dynalite, Willwood etc. Also it is much easier to get good pads for the
aftermarket calipers. The approach needs to be to allow aftermarket
calipers for all Prod cars. Limited to 4 piston aluminum calipers and 1"
x 11" vented ferrous rotors. The production vehicle calipers don't have
high temp seals etc, etc. Years ago, racing calipers were very expensive
but with modern CNC they are a bargain today.
Greg