fot

[Fot] Custom Spring Summary

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Custom Spring Summary
From: Allen Washatko <awashatko@wi.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:07:12 -0600
FoT,

Here are the results of my research into having custom springs made in
the US. The companies included in the following list were recommended
by various members of our esteemed group. Thank you for all the input.

1.  Coil Spring Specialties
      St. Mary's, Kansas
      (785) 437-2025
      www.coilsprings.com
      Tech guy: Kevin
They do make custom one-offs. Cost; $186/pair. They prefer to have your
old springs to work from.

2.  Eibach Springs
      Corona, California
      (800) 507-2338
      www.eibach.com
      Tech guy: Ryan
They do make custom springs but you need to order at least 100 at a
time.
They have an extensive catalogue but a majority of their springs are
2-1/2" diameter (coil-overs).

3. Draco Springs
     Draco, Texas
     www.dracospring.com
     (800) 645-4971
     Tech guy: Mike - Very knowledgeable and helpful.
They will make custom springs at $185 each.
They have a tech sheet to fill out and they too, prefer to have your
spring sent to them.

4.  Hyperco Spring
      Logansport, Indiana
      www.hypercoils.com
      (574) 753-6622
      Tech girl: Diane
They have a large catalogue (mostly coil-over) and do make custom
springs. Cost: $283 each.
Quoted price is for a cold wound spring with a rate of 625 lbs. and
wire gage +1/2".

5.  Babcock Auto Spring Co.
      Milwaukee, Wisconsin
      (414) 276-4450