fot

Re: [Fot] CVAR Drivers School & Race @ TWS

To: <GSFuqua1@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] CVAR Drivers School & Race @ TWS
From: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:56:27 -0600
That other gentleman was Roger Williams. He has been the go to guy when
you need something that you forgot for your LBC for all my time in CVAR,
alway willing to help a brother out. Roger teaches Auto Tech in the
Houston area and has done so for many years. He was also the founder of
the vintage Spec Sprite class. His current school project is an early
Spitfire donated to his school by another CVAR member. Roger is looking
for an 1147 engine for this project. Ed Barnard may have him fixed up,
but I'm not sure, and it is a worthy cause. The kids in Auto Tech
courses in Houston typically come from the segment of the student body
most likely to drop out and become a drain on society. Ed can chime in
and tell me if he has an engine for Roger, but otherwise we are still
looking.

As for our race weekend, it was great to have Gary down in Texas for the
school. His pal, Walt "wrench" Reed, managed to pull and replace the oil
cooler during the drivers meeting on a cold Saturday morning in time for
Gary to make his school session which was the first group out. I remain
impressed, and a bit jealous. I need a chief mechanic too! It's always a
good thing when the school paticipants make it through the weekend and
run all the laps. We have a new Spitfire that rolled off the trailer for
the school, purchased as race ready, only to vibrate with a bent axle at
speed. He'll have to do the school next time. With a Gary's TR4, my 4A,
Bobby Whiteheads GT6 and Joe Hovey's Spitfire all performing well all
weekend we had a nice Triumph showing. If all goes well this Spetember
(our next TWS event) we'll have Jim McAndrew's TR3 and Mark Van Lake's
TR6 for September and we will have a full display of Triumph vintage
race cars.

Bob Kramer
Sales Manager
RDO Equipment Co.