fot

Re: [Fot] authenticity

To: jwoesvra@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] authenticity
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 19:06:52 -0700
I never saw an air dam on a car until about 1972. As I recall it was a
Brock Yates deal, and everyone thought he was nuts. There were some
rudimentary wings and spoilers early on, but air dams are a late
development of the aero age that started in the late sixties. Long
after people thought about wings they figured out that the air under
the car was important too.

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins
Billb@bnj.com