fot

Re: [Fot] authenticity

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] authenticity
From: "David W. Riddle" <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 20:16:41 -0700
 From Tim's mag. An article on the 1969 Datsun 2000 Roadsters in SCCA
comp.  It references Peter Brock.

http://www.grmotorsports.com/backissues/datsun-2000-roadster.php

"...The Morton and McComb roadsters incorporated several performance
modifications: a front air dam cleverly disguised as brake ducts
(these were the first cars in SCCA history to use an air dam)..."

And from a Datsun site a quote from Peter Brock

http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/BREDevelopment.htm

"Most people thought we were mad 'cause they were so ugly! But they
did the job. Under the rules no such device was allowed, but "brake
scoops" were permitted. My brake scoop design ran right across the
front of the car and complied with the letter of the rules so it was
permitted! Later everyone began to copy the idea and then they began
showing up on the street. The rest is history".

 From BRE's site.  Picture on the car in 1968 with the airdam/brake duct

http://www.bre2.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=photo2000_image001&Category_Code=brearchivephotos2000s