fot

[Fot] Kastner Cup

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Kastner Cup
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:30:11 EDT
Dear FOT,

I appreciate the responses I received about the above vintage race.  My boy
traveled from his home in Williamsport, PA to Pittsburgh yesterday to visit us.
 I printed these responses and gave them to him.

The question was why a car with a four cylinder 2.0 liter engine would be
grouped with the V-8's.  The TR-3''s and TR-4's all have 2.2 liter engines.  I
am
sure that his car wouldn't keep up with most of these cars.

I would think that they would want to keep most of the TR's together.  Maybe
his car is considered too new, and that they use Group-8 as a catchall to
allow people to participate.  I noticed that there is one other TR-7 listed as
registered in this race (Classic Motorsport magazine).  Maybe he has an ex-Grou
44 car.

<>

I can certainly identify with the above.  For a number of years, they grouped
the EP cars with GT-1, GT-2, AS, etc.

My memory may be failing, but didn't Paul Neuman briefly race a TR-6, and
beat the Group 44 TR-7 car?  Then he had someone drive around the grounds with
sign that said "Six is faster than seven."