fot

Re: [Fot] residual pressure

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] residual pressure
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 22:24:42 -0800
> I wonder if this is a
> residual pressure valve.

Yes, it is.

> which makes me think that there is no residual valving in these
> masters.

That's correct.  When the pushrod is fully extended, there is no provision
for any remaining pressure, the output port is open to the reservoir.

>  The reason I wonder about this restrictor is that I
> am running  a TR6 Brake master cylinder and I still have this
> restrictor inline on my TR4.  Am I getting some unwanted redundancy?

Well, I wouldn't want the RPV (which is why I disabled the one on my TR3A
many years ago).  But I don't believe the TR6 master holds any residual
pressure either ... AFAIK Triumph simply removed the function during the TR4
run.

The reason for holding residual pressure was to reduce pad knock-back on the
front calipers.  A better way to do that is to install Uncle Jack's uprated
spindles and spacers.  Available from TRF, I believe.
http://www.zeni.net/trf/TR6-250GC/119.php

Randall