fot

[Fot] residual pressure

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] residual pressure
From: Dennis DeLap <yellow-green@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 18:49:42 -0700 (PDT)
AMICI

  I know that we have had some discussion about residual pressure valving in
the brake master cylinders.  The Girling braking sytem for the TR3 and TR4
comes stock with what Moss calls a restrictor valve - it threads into the top
of the 4 or 5 way brake line connector
  that feeds all of the brake lines.  I wonder if this is a residual pressure
valve.  If you will recall the TR3 uses the same master cylinder for the clutch
and the brakes - which makes me think that there is no residual valving in
these masters.  The reason I wonder about this restrictor is that I am running
a TR6 Brake master cylinder and I still have this restrictor inline on my TR4.
Am I getting some unwanted redundancy?

  Thanks
  Dennis DeLap