fot

[Fot] On the Beach...

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] On the Beach...
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:37:38 EDT
Amici...

One of our local PBS TV Channels has been showing On The Beach these past few
days.  Classic 1959 Hollywood take on Nevil Shute's post apocalyptic
end-of-the-world all out nuclear war movie.  I was in the Navy then, and
remember it
well.  Gregory Peck, Fred Astaire, Tony Perkins, and a personal favorite...Ava
Gardner.  I knew Fred Astaire was a 'hot shoe', but I thought it was for
dancing.  No dancing here...he's into road racing stuff.  The open road race
scenes
are great to watch (although, as usual, Hollywood has taken some artistic
license).  There are some disturbing crashes, but lots of great cars from the
period.

Bill Dentinger